Child Safety Window Locks & Limiters
More than 5000 Children fall out of windows per year. This is totally unacceptable and avoidable. Locks or Limiting devices should be installed on all operable windows. Screens are designed and only capable to keep out insects and only foster a false sense of security (for adults & children).
Finding the correct control device can be very tricky. A lot of the devices on the market can create more problems than they solve. Factors being “Cheap & Easily broken." and Causing Serious fire escape hazards. The worst being to complicated and not used at all. We have tested and only carry the best devices available.
All devices should meet ASTM F 2090-2008 and 2010 codes. Very few devices meet all of the requirements. Child Safety locks are on the same level of importance as Smoke Alarms. Many states are requiring Control devices on all windows. We offer Limiters for Single Hung, Double Hung, Sliding and Casement windows made from Wood, Vinyl, Steel, Aluminum, Fiberglass and many Clad & Composite windows.
Top Ten Safety Tips
1. Always supervise your children when around open windows.
2. When possible open windows from the top not the bottom.
3. Have broken windows or non-working windows repaired.
4. Screens give a false sense of security do not depend on them to prevent falls.
5. Safe windows are ones that children cannot reach or secured with compliant locks.
6. Keep anything a child can climb on away from windows. Beds, furniture ect.
7. Keep windows locked and closed when children are around.
8. Children should be taught not to play around windows.
9. Always supervise your children at play.
10. Install child safety devices that comply with ASTM – F2090-2008 and 2010 standards.